Rockstar Games, the publisher of the Grand Theft Auto and Manhunt series, have included many refrences to their other games in the Manhunt series.
- The sound effect when James Earl Cash picks up a weapon, or painkillers is the same sound effect from Grand Theft Auto III, when Claude picks up a weapon or health.
- The setting of the game, Carcer City, is said to be a neighboring city to Liberty City, and is mentioned in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto III.
- The Maibatsu Monstrosity, a motorcycle in Manhunt, was advertised in Grand Theft Auto III as a very fuel-inefficient SUV.
- Also mentioned on the radio in Grand Theft Auto III are police reports regarding Gary Schaeffer, the corrupt Police Chief who is found not guilty following the disappearances of key witnesses.
- The shop Ryton Aide, which appears in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, appears as an abandoned shop in Manhunt.
- "Sprunk", the fictional soft drink advertised on the radio and sold in the soda machines all over San Andreas, Vice City and Liberty City in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto IV is on the soda machines in Manhunt.
- Shopping bags for 'The Gash' (a play on "The Gap"), a clothing shop in GTA games can be seen a few times in the game.
- A number of vehicles from the Grand Theft Auto series appear during scenes in Manhunt, including a burnt-outStallion and images of a Virgo in Starkweather's mansion. The Stallion vehicle continues a prominent place in Rockstar North's work since Grand Theft Auto III's release; appearing in every Grand Theft Auto game since, as well as appearing in the "Shop Class" cutscene in Rockstar's Bully.
- In GTA San Andreas, the stealth kill has the same animation as the Hasty knife execution from Manhunt.
- The hippo statues in the Carcer City Zoo were later used in Grand Theft Auto IV.
- In Safe House, at the beginning there is a t-shirt on the floor that says Suburban, which is a clothing store in San Andreas.
- Many of the removed weapons, and lures use the same models as in San Andreas (ex. Cane, Dildo, Flowers).
- The Voodoo, a car in GTA Vice City, San Andreas, and GTA 4 can be seen in the opening cutscene for the level Sexual Deviants.
- Also in the Safe House level, in the Porn Theatre the music playing can be heard in the opening cutscene in the San Andreas mission "Life's a Beach" .
- The balaclava that one of the Watchdogs wears is the same one CJ wears in the burglary missions in San Andreas.
- When chasing Danny, one of the Red Kings sometimes says "run all the way to San Andreas ya little prick!"
- In the PC version, when Danny breaks a bottle, the same sound effect from The Warriors is used.
- The Sawn-Off Shotgun uses the same model as the one in San Andreas.