This weapon only appears once in the story during Doing Time and Cash is objected to find it and perform one Violent execution and one Gruesome Execution with it on the Smileys, before using it to kill another member to get hold of his bat.
Missions in Manhunt:
- Hasty: Cash spins the hunter around and hits them in the face, causing the hunter to let out a moan pain as he falls to the ground.
- Violent: Cash hits the hunter in the back of the head, causing the hunter to fall to his knees. Cash then grabs the hunter's head and tilts it to the left and whacks him on the side of the face, breaking his neck.
- Gruesome: Cash spins the hunter around and hits him in the stomach, causing the hunter to fall to his knees. Cash finishes him off by whacking him in the jaw.
- On the side of the Hammer are written the words 'Rockstar North', who are the game's developers.
- The Hammer was going to appear in the level Time 2 Die, but was cut.
- Orginally, The Smileys used the Hammer but in the final game, it's found before they enter the area.
- You can spawn a Hammer using the trainer, during the level Trained to Kill.
- In the second execution the hunter lets out his pain before getting hit on the neck. This pain audio was largerly used in Manhunt 2 for other executions (like Dentist Chair, Barbed Wire execution 3 (PSP/PS2), Flaregun (Wii/PC)