|Also Known As||Danny|
|Date of Birth:||5/29/63|
Daniel's Safe House
player's choice (see all)
All Hunters (see all)
|Status:||Alive (as David Joiner)|
|Voiced by:||Ptolemy Slocum|
Daniel "Danny" Lamb is the protagonist and main playable character in Manhunt 2.
Daniel was a scientist with the Pickman Project but ended up locked away in the Dixmor Asylum for the Criminally Insane for six years, before escaping during a power outage. Daniel has a second personality in his mind by the name of Leo, a psychopathic killer who "helps" Daniel in killing everyone the Project sends after him.
Daniel shows much remorse for his victims (unlike Leo or James Earl Cash) and vomits after his first execution. He also expresses anger at Leo at some points: for example, after killing many Watchdogs in one level, he throws away his weapon, claiming he is sick of killing. However, as the game progresses, he gets more and more addicted to it - a sign that Leo is taking over his mind - forcing Dr. Whyte to cleanse his memories at the end of the game. He shows great care for his family and volunteers for an experiment just to support them.
Daniel was born on May 29th, 1963 and lived in San Fierro until he graduated from San Fierro University in 1985 with a degree in biochemistry. A year later he found work as lab technician for Green and Becker Pharmaceuticals Inc. and worked there for three years. After that, in 1989 he became a research associate for McKenzie Druchner Inc. until he begun working for the Project.
He became one of the top scientists for the Pickman Project and invented a drug called Cortexa. He was married and had two kids, a girl and a boy, but at some point went into great debt and volunteered for an experiment, which his family disapproved. He had a second personality planted in his mind artificially called Leo; however Leo took control over Daniel .
2006-2007EditLeo now wants the Pickman Bridge removed so that he can control Danny fully and threatens Danny's friend Michael to do so. Danny (being controlled by Leo) kills Michael and many of the Project Militia who arrived to kill Danny because Leo is out of control. Leo decides to get revenge, so convinces Danny to kill a Project official, Stanley Grex at the Maibatzu Plaza with a Sniper Rifle and later destroy their records so they can disappear.
Six years later, a power failure at the Asylum allows Danny to escape in the chaos, not remembering anything about his past. Danny kills many Orderlies and Inmates as Leo helps him escape in the back of a Trashmaster. They head to Danny's old house to collect some Cortexa to help Danny remember, but run into the Watchdogs and kill them. Danny decides to follow a clue he left behind and they arrive at the Strip Club and Fetish Dungeon in search of Judy but have to deal with the Pervs, who work for the Project. Judy tells Danny to go to the safe house, so he makes his way past a gang called the Red Kings, some local Cops and more Watchdogs as he finds the safehouse where he changes clothes and has a shootout with the Watchdogs at the Porn Theatre. Danny's early beta model.Added by JGDFDanny goes to the Bees Honey Pot searching for Judy again but the Pimps call the Watchdogs and Danny kills them but Judy is killed by the Bloodhounds that arrive. Now Danny is chased through the nearby streets and the sewer system before reaching the Auto Shop and escapes. Now Leo tells Danny that they must capture Dr. Pickman, so they break into the Project Laboratories and tie him to a chair but Pickman says a hypnotic phrase that effects Danny's head and Leo kills him by accident.
Months later, Danny and Leo are searching through old records at the TVMK Studios for something that can help them until the Bloodhounds arrive and he kills them all inside and outside the studio. Dr. Whyte turns up and injects Danny with a sedative, causing him to fall unconcious. Dr. Whyte reveals what Leo did to his family and now Danny fights Leo and many ghosts of his victims (including Michael and Pickman) inside his mind, burying his wife's body and beating Leo to death with a Shovel to rid him from his mind.
Danny then wakes up in the middle of nowhere, with no memory. He is given an envolope with a new name, David Joiner and a fresh start.
In the alternate ending, Danny locks Leo inside a cell in his mind to rot, but Leo breaks out and kills all the Legion members guarding his mind before killing Danny's personality and Leo takes full control, thus killing Daniel Lamb.
Notable Murders CommittedEdit
- Michael Grant (Killed while Leo took over his mind to get the key to escape Fisto Sugar Factory)
- Stanley Grex (Killed to cut the Project's source of income)
- Mrs. Lamb (Killed while Leo took over his mind)
- Dr. Deborah (Killed while Leo took over his mind)
- Dr. Pickman (Killed while Leo took over his mind)
- Leo Kasper (Blocked out his personality, thus killing him)
Session with Dr. WhyteEditDaniel Lamb session(04:38)
- According to Danny's birthdate written on the game's disc and a bilboard in Assassination, Danny is 49 during the events of Manhunt 2 and 43 during the flashback episodes.
- In the pictures at Daniel's House and safe house, he is not wearing glasses.
- Daniel once lived in San Fierro at 114 Bay View West, San Fierro, SA 94705.
- Danny's phone number in San Fierro was (510) 612-6736.
- Danny's appearence in the 2012-2013 missions look's very similar to one of the main characters from "Duck! The Carbine High Massacre", sporting the exact same glasses and hair cut.
- David Joiner was Daniel Lamb's name in early drafts of the game, which reappears as Daniel's new alias after the events of the game.
- Daniel Lamb is modeled after the sktech of the infamous Zodiac Killer, who committed a series of murders around the San Francisco area in 1968 - 1972.