|Carcer City Police Department|
|Name:||Carcer City Police Department|
|Also Known As:||CCPD|
|Known Members:||Gary Schaffer|
|Enemies:||James Earl Cash|
|Voiced by:||John Henry Cox|
- "I clean these streets of garbage like you every day."
- - CCPD officer
DescriptionEditThe CCPD are Carcer City's main police force and are led by corrupt police chief Gary Schaffer, who takes bribes from Lionel Starkweather to allow the Director's snuff film ring to operate within the city. As a result of this, the CCPD are mostly ineffective at their job and are used as pawns by Starkweather during the events of Manhunt.
The CCPD can be seen wearing an all-blue police uniform, sometimes accompanied by a black jacket or pants with a yellow stripe.
Officers can be heard muttering about selling drugs, beating homeless people and complaining about being forced to search for Cash, who they believe to be a street thug or hobo. They can be found in groups of two or more and are rarely seen alone or separated. Once they spot the corpse of a police officer, they will fight noticeably harder and stick together, making it difficult to pick them off one by one.
Events of ManhuntEdit
After Cash escapes from Darkwoods Penitentiary, Ramirez is sent to track him down but fails and is killed. Then Starkweather contacts chief of police Gary Schaffer and tells him to get "his boys" to capture Cash and the Journalist. CCPD officers flood the Central district and patrol its streets and the area surrounding the the Journalist's Apartment. The officers are under the impression that they are apprehending a hobo, likely a lie told to them by Schaffer.
Cash manages to kill them and then they guard the subway. They even place officers armed with Sniper Rifles on the roofs of Chips Casino and Tyson Tyres, but they are all killed. They are then assisted by S.W.A.T. when they shut down the subway. All of the officers are killed as Cash takes the subway to the train yard, where he is cornered by S.W.A.T. and the Cerberus turn up, kill the S.W.A.T. and take Cash to Starkweather.
- This is the only gang in the game where nobody has a masked face.
- The Carcer City Police Department is not modeled after any specific Police Department as some would like to suggest.The uniforms they wear are not identifiable, but the cars they use are stereotypical "panda cars" found in many American cities.
- The police also seem to be a bit under-equipped. By 2003, no patrol officer in a major city would take on the duties of a special weapons unit (i.e. the sniper on the casino rooftop); their cars are extremely old, having probably been out of production since the late 1980s, considering that GTA games set from 1992 onward featured much more recent models in large cities; and their equipment is non-standardized, with some officers still carrying revolvers despite them being considered obsolete by most standards since the 1990s.
- The models of the CCPD and SWAT officers and their vehicles are reused from Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto Vice City, but with noticeable differences.